ADSM-L

Re[2]: NT File Permissions

1997-01-06 07:27:47
Subject: Re[2]: NT File Permissions
From: Jane Vaughn <Jane_Vaughn AT PCMAILGW.ML DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 1997 07:27:47 EST
     Lori,

     Thanks for the info!  I have a few more questions...

     1) What happens on restore - if nothing pre-exists on the client, if
        the directories pre-exist, if the files pre-exist (and permissions
        pre-exist that are different than what was backed up) and we
        overlay them on restore - do the backed up file permissions always
        get restored?
     2) If I have VERBOSE on, will I see what is happening?
     3) For a selective restore, where I am restoring only a single file,
        would it's permissions get restored?

          Thanks so much for your help!!

                                          -- Jane Vaughn / Merrill Lynch