ADSM-L

Re: AFS volume restoration?

1997-01-03 16:40:26
Subject: Re: AFS volume restoration?
From: Shyh-Wei Luan <luan AT ALMADEN.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 1997 13:40:26 -0800
Joe,

You can consider using an AFS volume backup agent program, named
"buta" (BackUp To ADSM), which is available with the AIX client PTF 6.
If you are familiar with the native backup system of AFS, "buta" can be
more easily understood as an ADSM-enabled version of the "butc" (BackUp Tape
Coordinator) program.  This approach will be presented at Decorum 97 with a
paper.  I can send you the postcscript version of the paper if you are
interested.

The buta program requires ADSM Server PTF 12 for license-enforcement reasons.
You might want to check with Michael Timpanaro-Perrotta at SSD for licensing
details.

Shyh-Wei Luan
IBM Almaden Research Center