ADSM-L

AUDITDB Hung?

1997-01-03 10:17:13
Subject: AUDITDB Hung?
From: Bob Booth - CSO <booth AT CHIANTI.CSO.UIUC DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 1997 09:17:13 -0600
I have been running an audit of the database on my ADSM server for 4+ days
now, and I am beginning to get a little worried.

The last output to the log file was at 8:02PM CST (last night):

ANR4306I AUDITDB: Processed 78260000 database entries (cumulative).
ANR4270E AUDITDB: Extraneous file data reference found - information will be
deleted.
[...]

The last 'Processed' message was sometime yesterday.  I know from the dump
and load that I have 118000000 entries.  The dsmserv processes are still using
all the CPU that they can.  Is it normal for the AUDIT to do this?  Does this
mean that I am looking at many more days of down time?

My server has now been down for 7+ days, and my paying customers are going
elsewhere.  I must admit, that I am ready to recommend another backup product
to my management who are now throwing darts at my head.

Grrr,

Bob Booth