ADSM-L

Re: SMF off

1996-12-31 16:23:42
Subject: Re: SMF off
From: Julie Phinney <julphinn AT EMPHESYS.E-MAIL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 16:23:42 EST
*** Comments From: JULPHINN - JULIE PHINNEY; 12/31/96 03:17pm
Thanks Wayne, I believe you're right.  I got some information through
IBMLINK that says the SMF record kbytes received number includes:
ADSM handshaking and protocol data
the directory structure is retrieved along with the data
attribute data for each file
data retransmits in cases of bad packets
any data returned for ADSM commands that have been issued for that
  session before the restore was done.
We were restoring 37,000+ files, which to me, doesn't seem like a lot
compared to our other servers.  But I'm content with this answer...
Cheers!

*** Original Author:  I5175009 @ IBMMAIL - ** Remote User **; 12/31/96 03:13pm