ADSM-L

Questions about 32 Bit Windows Client

1996-12-31 11:24:41
Subject: Questions about 32 Bit Windows Client
From: Peter Thomas <peterjt AT NETCOM DOT CA>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 11:24:41 -0500
We're presently involved in an evaluation of ADSM as a corporate backup
solution, to handle OS/2, Notes,
Windows/NT, Netware, AIX, HP/UX, ... systems.

So far, things are going fairly well; however one of my colleagues has a few
questions / observations on the
Windows 32 Bit client. ((These comments were originally made against the 2.1.5
code, but also apply to the
2.1.6 studd).

      Admin Client's Activity Log - INCLUDE dialog: the scroll buttons on the
date / time ranges
        are initlally active, even though the "onr hour before" and "current
server date" boxes are
        checked. If the scroll buttons are clicked, until a Window Refresh is
forced by toggling
        away from the dialog box, he entire dialg box is then disabled.

      ADSM Backup Client: When a display is done of a directory tree, the list
of directories is
        sorted in a "computer alphabetization" order, rather than an
"intuitive" (case insensitive
        manner). (ie "WINWORD" comes before "admarcsv").

      ADSM Backup Client: Scrolling through the same large directory tree
intermittently causes
        an "access violation 0xc0000005 at 0x00492f88. (This adress was from
the previous 2.1.5 client).

      ADSM Backup Client: When a file is skipped during backup, the list of
failed Backup/Restore
        files might show D:\..\file12". It's just about impossible to know
where this file was located!

Peter Thomas
Manulife Financial