ADSM-L

DBB triggered after logfull % reached

1996-12-30 10:11:18
Subject: DBB triggered after logfull % reached
From: CC Masters <cmaster1 AT TUELECTRIC DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 15:11:18 +0000
I am running MVS server 2.1.10 and have my database backup to trigger
when the log reaches 65% full.

I don't know what has caused my 2.3 gig log file to fill up between 9am
(when incremental database backup is scheduled) and 1pm, but it did.
My problem now is that a incremental DBB was triggered and completed
successfully, then a 2nd DBB was triggered, then a 3rd, 4th,... until it
reached 18 and then a full backup started. (Incrementals Between Fulls
is set to 18).

I first caught this happening after the full database backup started.  I
immediately checked the database, it was at 66.3% utilization.

The full backup is now 20% complete (the database is 11.7 gig) and the
log utilization shows 1.3% utilized.

Why didn't the utilization go down after the first incremental backup?
Is this why it triggered 18 dbb in a matter of 20 minutes?