ADSM-L

Re: NOTICE: 32-bit Windows Client README File

1996-12-30 15:27:57
Subject: Re: NOTICE: 32-bit Windows Client README File
From: Don Ludwig <Don.Ludwig AT CCMAIL.FINGERHUT DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 14:27:57 -0600
     I tried installing the new client on an existing 2.1 level 03 NT
     client.  I used the bld_dirs.bat and then went to my dos session on
     the c: drive.
      1.) Did C:
      2.) CD Disk1
      3.) SETUP
      4.) The install started normally. It asked me if I wanted to install
          the SACLIENT and BACLIENT in seperate directories or combine them
          into one. (So you would have 1 dsm.opt)  I chose combining them.
      5.) It continued doing the install.  Then it asked for DISK3?
          DISK3 was out there?  I used the browse option and found disk3
          and returned.  It went on for a second and then it came up with
          an error on transfering.  The install stopped

     I tried this a couple of times with the same results.  Finally I went
     out and deleted the WIN32APP directory and started over as if ADSM
     wasn't installed.  It worked fine??

     Is there any problems with overlaying v2r1 level 3 clients?
     I sure do like the BLD_DIRS.BAT and BLD_DISK.bat commands.  Saves a
     little time.