ADSM-L

Re: Minor packaging problems with the new clients

1996-12-30 12:13:26
Subject: Re: Minor packaging problems with the new clients
From: Melinda Varian <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 12:13:26 EST
On Mon, 30 Dec 1996 at 11:10:54 -0600, Don Ludwig said:

>    I was able to FTP all the IP20993 files except for the
>    README.WIN.v2r1m6.IP20993 file.  I got access denied?

Yes, the permissions on the file are wrong.

On Mon, 30 Dec 1996 at 11:49:56 EST, I said:

> Has anybody been able to download the HQX file for the new Mac client
> successfully?  My impression is that it is stored on the FTP server
> in EBCDIC rather than ASCII and without CRLF to delimit the records.
> (That is, when I do a BINARY transfer, I get readable text on my
> VM system.  I can't do an ASCII transfer to VM because the files
> then appears to be a single record, because of the missing CRLFs.)

I have confirmed that this is the case.  I did a BINARY FTP and then
applied the following PIPE command to get a working HQX file:

/* Fix Mac ADSM Client HQX file */

'PIPE (endchar ?)',
      '< mac file |',                 /* Read FTP'ed file.           */
   't: take 46 bytes |',              /* Divert encoded portion.     */
   'f: fanin |',                      /* Bring that back deblocked.  */
      '> mac hqx a',                  /* Write proper HQX file.      */
'?',
   't: |',                            /* Encoded portion to here.    */
      'fblock 64 |',                  /* Make RECFM F LRECL 64.      */
   'f:'                               /* Join with header comment.   */