ADSM-L

Re: RAID systems

1996-12-30 11:10:23
Subject: Re: RAID systems
From: Peter Hough <hough AT DIAL.PIPEX DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 16:10:23 +0000
Thanks for suggestion re labelling - I probably didn't explain clearly
that the problem is that ADSM justs sees physical drive 1 of what is a
logical drive made up of 5 physical drives. (COMPAQ Smartarray defined
as RAID 5). All other software is seeing the system as one logical drive
of 16Gb. (ADSM will successfully try and back up files & will even
restore them - they are of course unreadable!)