ADSM-L

Re: SMF off

1996-12-30 10:15:49
Subject: Re: SMF off
From: Julie Phinney <julphinn AT EMPHESYS.E-MAIL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 10:15:49 EST
*** Comments From: JULPHINN - JULIE PHINNEY; 12/30/96 09:05am
We are running an MVS server 2.1.9
The client, in this case was a NetWare server, running NetWare
client 2.1.5.   We are connecting via TCP/IP.
The duration was 14 hours, 21 minutes.  The LAN guy says there's
25 GB of data on that drive.  The SMF report showed
KBYTES RETRIEVED FROM HOST: 31527698
IDLE WAIT TIME: 00:02:32
COMM WAIT TIME: 13:20:18
MEDIA WAIT TIME: 0:37:53
So it appears to me, we were waiting on tape mounts for 37 minutes
total.  I know that particular node owned 53 tapes.  We have
collocation turned on.
*** Original Author:  I1667978 @ IBMMAIL - ** Remote User **; 12/30/96 08:53am