ADSM-L

Tape mount time.

1996-12-29 23:41:11
Subject: Tape mount time.
From: Wayne Gorton <wgorton AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 23:41:11 EST
From:  Wayne Gorton or wgorton AT vnet.ibm DOT com or clown AT ibm DOT net
"                   or AUIBMGOD at IBMMAIL
"      Cumberland Forest. Aust   Ph:(02) 354 7599  Fax:(02) 3547766
Howdy everyone,
I have a 3494 with 2 3590's & about 132 tapes. I was wondering how long it
should take to mount a tape. On the adsm console a tape mount takes 11 minutes.
The lmcp thinks it takes an average of 27 seconds.
Why the difference? What does ADSM have to do before it issues a tape mount?
Does anyone else have similar sort of times for tape mounts?
This 11 minutes is separate from ADSM setting up the library (this takes
about 45 minutes, but is only done once, after ADSM is bought up).
Ok the version info:- AIX   4.1.4
                      ADSM  2.1.5.10
                      Atape 2.5.2.1
                      Atl   2.5.10

                       Bye
            Wayne G   Unix Sys Admin
"           The Thinking Man's Clown
 "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein