ADSM-L

Log pruning fails

1996-12-26 14:54:43
Subject: Log pruning fails
From: David Killingsworth <david_w_killingsworth AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 1996 13:54:43 -0600
     I am running several OS/2 Warp boxes that are backing up to an MVS
     ADSM server.  I have generally had some pretty good performance from
     the ADSM product.  Until I got this message on one particular server.

     "ANS4485E Schedule log pruning failed."

     Does anybody know why a log pruning might fail.  I have pruning set
     for 5 days, and I have it set to keep it in the schedlog.pru file.

     By the way....is there an undocumented way to save the pruned log file
     to a different file name, or have it prune to more than one file?  The
     way the documentation states it...it looks as if you have to go in and
     prune your schedlog.pru file every now and again.

     Thanks,
     david_w_killingsworth AT amoco DOT com