ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Version 2 for VM Level ?

1996-12-23 10:14:44
Subject: Re: ADSM Version 2 for VM Level ?
From: Leonard Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 1996 10:14:44 EST
On Fri, 20 Dec 1996 09:55:45 +0100 Michel Gaillard said:
>Hello adsmer's
>
>Any planning or information on server level (we are running V2 R1 Level
>0.9 on VM/ESA) for the VM server ?
>We are interested in Level 10 (q occ improvements) and also in DRM ...
>IBM anwers ??
>
>Cheers, Michel
>
>--
>Michel Gaillard
>DSI/DPI
>Alcatel Telecom
>Velizy France
>E-Mail: Michel.Gaillard AT vz.cit.alcatel DOT fr
>Voice : (33) (0) 1 30 77 32 56

Hello Michel,

I tried to order the ptf for apar PN91043 a problem  noticed with the
mvs adsm version 2 server.  This is where the log running in normal
mode can fill up because the auto chkpt function hangs.
Level 2 said that the ptf was not available to ship to us, but would
be available in the .12 level due out in the middle of January 1997.

There is one strange thing about the apar pn91612, which is the vm
apar for the q occ problem. PN91612 is marked as fixed in release aa1
which would seem to indicate that the fix was shipped as part of the ga
level of the code. But it might not as the adsm folks have not
always had the best understanding of how to use the retain (ibmlink)
data base. I can not fault them for this as I have always had something
of a problem understanding it also.

len

Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
SAS Institute Inc.                          ussas4hs@ibmmail
Room E206                                   (919) 677-8000 ext 6241
203 SAS Campus Drive
Cary NC 27513