ADSM-L

Re: Counting Offsite tapes

1996-12-20 14:06:07
Subject: Re: Counting Offsite tapes
From: David Ong <david AT BABYONG.NSC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 11:06:07 -0800
Julie,
I'd use a script that does the following:
 q vol stgp=tapepool > file
 remove all non-volume related lines, ie, headers, blanks etc. from 'file'
 and count the number of lines left over
You can keep track of the number of scratch tapes available by doing
something similar as in:
 q libv libname > file
 search for lines containing 'scratch'

At 12:54 PM 12/20/96 EST, you wrote:
>I am able to tell how many tapes are in use in my on-site tape pool by
>issuing a Q STG tapepool F=D in a daily Rexx routine.  I take the
>%MIGR field and multiply by the MAXSCRATCH value, and this gives me the
>number of tapes in use.  My question is:  How can I tell how many tapes
>are in use in my OFFSITE pool?  I ran out the other day because I have
>not figured out a way to report this.  When I issue the same query
>against this offsite tapepool, the %MIGR field is blank.  Is there a
>way around this?
>Thanks!
>Julie Phinney
>JULPHINN @ EMPHESYS.E-MAIL.COM

Have a nice day or whatever's left of it.

David Ong
National Semiconductor Corp.