ADSM-L

Re: Tape Relaimation question

1996-12-20 10:50:51
Subject: Re: Tape Relaimation question
From: "Klein, Robert" <kleinr AT EXCHANGE.NIH DOT GOV>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 10:50:51 -0500
We have a similar problem.  My plan is either to make the new tape storage
pool the next one in the heirarchy for the old pool and force a migration,
or use the move data command to transfer data from each of the volumes on
the old pool to a volume in the new pool.

-
-
We have a tape stgpool that we do not want to add any more tapes to - we
We have a tape stgpool that we do not want to add any more tapes to - we
want
all tapes to go into a new pool.  Now setting up the migration path for
the
newpool was easy - just changed the pointers in the dasd stgpool to point
the new tape pool.  The question now is " for reclaims in the old pool, how
do
we get the new tape to be allocated in the new pool?"  Looks to us as
though
reclaims are satisfied within the same pool.  We tried marking the pool
Read
Only, but that didn't seem to help.  Is there any way to do what I want
(which
is to slowly drain the old pool into the new pool as tapes are reclaimed)?