ADSM-L

major glitch in AIX client

1996-12-19 20:49:39
Subject: major glitch in AIX client
From: Tom Kauffman <namffuak AT SKYENET DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 20:49:39 -0500
We just ran into a nasty little glitch in the AIX client for ADSM; has
anyone else hit it, and if so, how do you get around it?

Problem: do an archive of a mount point, with subdir=yes as root (because
there are multiple subdirectory owners within the mount point) -- then
delete the complete directory tree below the mount point. The retrieve will
create all subdirectories under the user-name used for the retrieve! The
same problem exists with backup/restore, except that there's a work-around
-- do the restore with the -subdir=yes option (this doesn't help in retrieve).
Suggestions? Ideas? We were planning on using ADSM for our SAP/R3 - Oracle
Suggestions? Ideas? We were planning on using ADSM for our SAP/R3 - Oracle
enviroments, but if I can't come up with a viable fix or work-around, we'll
have to look at other products.

BTW - I didn't catch the apar number today, but it was noted in the apar
that this was to have been fixed in 2.1, but the code changes were too
extensive.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc.