ADSM-L

TCP/IP problem

1996-12-17 18:15:03
Subject: TCP/IP problem
From: Julie Xu <CCJX AT MUSICA.MACARTHUR.UWS.EDU DOT AU>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 09:15:03 +1000
This couple of days, our ADSM server always failed on TCPIP connection.
the dsmerror.log message  on client is following:

TcpOpen: TCP/IP error connecting to server.
TcpOpen: Error: Connection refused
sessOpen: Failure in communications open call. rc: -50
ANS4017E Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure

I even can not login administrator client. But after reboot the ADSM,
I can not find any thing wrong! ADSM will run OK for a day and fail
again. I would like to know where I can check? the TCP/IP parts in host
but I can find any thing wrong in host, or any thing wrong on ADSM
server? if this is a case, how can I check it out?

Any comments will be apreciated

Julie Xu
18/12/96