ADSM-L

Re: How are you all backing up MS Exchange Servers

1996-12-17 07:39:03
Subject: Re: How are you all backing up MS Exchange Servers
From: "Pittson, Timothy ,Corp/US" <tpittson AT HIMAIL.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 07:39:03 -0500
Jim
        We're beta testing a new feature in a product from Seagate called
BackupExec... they have a module that interfaces with the ADSM server.
To BackupExec, the ADSM server looks like a tape autoloader.  BackupExec
has MS Exchange and MS SQLServer agents.  We haven't tested the SQL
Server piece yet but the Exchange portion allows you to take full,
differential, and incremental backups of Exchange.  We're still in the
process of testing but have been pleased with the results so far.

Tim Pittson
tpittson AT himail.hcc DOT com