ADSM-L

[no subject]

1996-12-13 11:02:53
From: Donna Gorday <Donna.Gorday AT UALBERTA DOT CA>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 09:02:53 -0700
I agree with Richard Sims, Boston University OIT that SSA is a great
technology and very robust. We are now using it on our Solaris systems
as well RS6000 thru a commander box. The administrators that have
started using it don't want us to buy anything else.

Third party is cheaper but you get alot of grey market stuff and
there is always risk involved. If the server is low usage and
isn't I/O bound then third party is most likley fine.

Donna Gorday                              Continuous Operations Team Leader
240C General Service Building                            University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2H1           phone (403) 492-3343
FAX (403) 492-1729                  E-mail: Donna.Gorday AT ualberta DOT ca