ADSM-L

TCP/IP performance

1996-12-13 08:50:00
Subject: TCP/IP performance
From: Eric van Loon <evanloon AT KLM DOT NL>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 14:50:00 +0100
Hi there!
We are currently experimenting with TCP/IP through a 4 Mb. token ring network.
We are running IBM TCP/IP for MVS 3.1and we back up OS/2 2.1 LanServers.
Because we will migrating to Amdahl we are going to loose the OSA adapter :-(
Now we can choose for two different solutions: a 3172 or a Cisco router.
Performance is a key issue for me.
What should I choose? Are there any people out there who have experience with
both solutions?
All suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon