ADSM-L

Re: Backup Duration

1996-12-12 20:02:58
Subject: Re: Backup Duration
From: Francisco Reyes <reyes01 AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 21:02:58 -0400
On Thu, 12 Dec 1996 17:01:10 -0500, Mark Rizzo wrote:

>I have a scheduled backup that runs each night at 1830. I have the
>"Duration" value set to 9 hours. The problem I am having is the
>backups do not stop after 9 hours but continue to run. This 9 hour
>window is important to us due to the load on the system.

>Note: The file systems have never been backed up before so a
>level 0 must initially be run. Will ADSM ignore the "Duration"
>value if it can't complete the scheduled backup's within that
>time frame?

As Dianne Sharp pointed out in another message the window only
applies to the time when ADSM will start the backup. It does not
restrict the duration.

How about if you do some selective backups and then do the
incremental. If there are any big files you know will not change you
could start with those over a few days and then your incremental from
there on.