ADSM-L

Re: Backup Duration

1996-12-12 20:52:45
Subject: Re: Backup Duration
From: Debra Young <djyoung AT VOYAGER DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 20:52:45 -0500
At 05:01 PM 12/12/96 -0500, you wrote:
>ADSM folks,
>
>I have a scheduled backup that runs each night at 1830. I have the
>"Duration" value set to 9 hours. The problem I am having is the
>backups do not stop after 9 hours but continue to run. This 9 hour
>window is important to us due to the load on the system.
>
>Note: The file systems have never been backed up before so a
>level 0 must initially be run. Will ADSM ignore the "Duration"
>value if it can't complete the scheduled backup's within that
>time frame?

The duration defines the length of the time for the backup to start, not the
complete for the backup to run.  The run time is dependent on the system and
the amount of data being backed up.  With the duration window longer, it
allows for schedule restarts if the connection is broken.
Deb Young
Dow Corning Corp