ADSM-L

Re: Question about COMPRESSALWAYS

1996-12-12 17:17:00
Subject: Re: Question about COMPRESSALWAYS
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT CCLINK.DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 17:17:00 -0500
Text item: Body.822
I tested the COMPRESSALWAYS option as soon as level 5 came out on OS/2  and
it didn't to work.  To understand the test results I went to IBMLink to
read the original apar text and it definitly seemed to say that support for
the syntax but not the function was being added.

I did a simple-minded test.  Using the cmdline client I backed up one zip
file and got the same results with compressalways = yes or no -- the
transaction was ended when the file grew and then it was sent uncompressed.
Was there something wrong with my test?  Actually, I hope so, because I
really want compressalways to be functional.

Could others test it too and report the results?

TIA,

Bill Colwell
The Charles Stark Draper Laboratory
Cambridge Ma.