ADSM-L

Database corruption??

1996-12-12 05:57:17
Subject: Database corruption??
From: "P.A Walmsley" <P.A.Walmsley AT DL.AC DOT UK>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 10:57:17 +0000
I am running AIX4.1.4, ADSM server code 2.1.0.8 and various UNIX
clients.

I have been getting a number of page address mismatch errors on the
database from the ADSM server
e.g.

   logical page 9208 (physical page 9464); actual 19191165991

resulting in the server terminating with an internal error BUF011.

I have a call currently open at the moment with IBM about it. Their
advice is to move the database to an IBM disc drive. It is currently on
a SEAGATE ST15230N. There are no indications in the error log of any
errors from the 3rd party disc. I have been talking with SEAGATE over
this and they confirmed that the firmware revision I have on the drive
is the latest for this particular drive.

QUESTION: Does anybody else run their ADSM server on an AIX box and have
their database on a non-IBM drive? If so have you seen any problems like
the above before, in particular with SEAGATE drives?

For your information I have done a dumpdb followed by a load/audit to
try and fix the problem. It gave some interesting 'features'

* To load my database which is almost 500MB in size I had to define a
space TWICE the size in order to get it to work.
* The database now occupies 2xs the amount of space it did previously!!
* The loaddb/audit eventually worked, did not use detailed=yes on audit,
but the number of  read errors reported now is actually worse!!

Thanks in advance,

Paul Walmsley

logical read