ADSM-L

Re: Through Put for MVS Server

1996-12-11 17:26:16
Subject: Re: Through Put for MVS Server
From: "T. R. Rhodes" <TRR AT INEL DOT GOV>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 16:26:16 MDT
      ID TRR  MS 2604
      208-526-9903

 At the end of a backup the statistics given have two timings one
  Elapsed processing time which is total time the client was connected to
 the server and

 Data transfer time: which is the time the client was actually transferring
 data and this is used to calculate the kb/sec that you see.

 Try this calculation and see if comes out.  The difference in two times
 can be time the client spends scanning files and doing data compression
 or time the severer is doing things and the client is waiting.

tuner of the OMEGA SERVER
LMITC
mail trr AT inel DOT gov
*** Reply to note of 12/11/96 14:06