ADSM-L

Re: ADSM & WINDOWS NT

1996-12-11 17:18:27
Subject: Re: ADSM & WINDOWS NT
From: Eric LEWIS <Eric.Lewis AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 17:18:27 CDT
     This will just be the first of many messages telling you to visit IBMs
     website for Redbooks where the whole story on NT "Bare Metal Restores"
     is written.  http://www.redbooks.ibm.com

     My NT support person believes that he could offer fully procedurized
     recoveries for all NT systems on campus that are backed up by ADSM
     using a single common zip drive volume.  This volume contains a simple
     NT install and the ADSM client.  The recovery replaces the simple
     install so a reboot puts the system back to the status after the last
     backup.   If all this works as well as hoped then we plan to offer the
     procedures to IBM as Redbook draft review feedback.

     The PTF 5 version of the NT client scheduler dsmc runs as a service if
     install recommendations are followed.

     Eric Lewis  UW-Madison

     An open mind is more likely to gain knowledge than it is to loose it.