ADSM-L

FW: How to change error log directory

1996-12-11 14:25:00
Subject: FW: How to change error log directory
From: Hilton Tina <HiltonT AT IS1.INDY.TCE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 14:25:00 EST
You need to put it in /etc/environment so it's active for everyone and
everything.

Tina Hilton
Thomson Consumer Electronics
 ----------
From: Francisco Franco
To: Multiple recipients of list ADSM-L
Subject: Re: How to change error log directory
Date: Wednesday, December 11, 1996 12:00PM

Pittson, Timothy ,Corp/US wrote:
Hi Tim,

I recently went through this, and I have found that the setting
of the DSM_LOG environment variable does work if you are running
an interactive session on AIX, but when the session is started by
the scheculer (ie dsmc sched -quiet) it will still create the
DSMERROR.LOG file on my "/" partition, even though I've restarted
the process several times.

I have DSM_LOG defined in my ".profile".

 --
Francisco Franco                e-mail: francisco.franco AT hydro.on DOT ca
Ontario Hydro                   tel:    (416) 592-9477