ADSM-L

Question about COMPRESSALWAYS

1996-12-11 11:48:32
Subject: Question about COMPRESSALWAYS
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 11:48:32 -0500
ADSM Win32 Client
Assuming in the Client Options file I have specified COMPRESSION ON:

The doc says that:

*       For COMPRESSALWAYS = YES, the object is sent even if it grows during
compression.

*       For COMPRESSALWAYS = NO, "Object is not sent if it grows during
compression."

Is this what really happens?

If the object is not sent at all during backup, that seems like a
serious exposure to me.
Users are not going to go through their DSMSCHED.LOG files to find all
the files that aren't sent because they expand.

What I want to happen when compression causes a file to grow is for ADSM
to retry sending it, uncompressed.  Is there a way to make this happen?