ADSM-L

Intel version of ADSM on Dec Alpha NT Server with FX32

1996-12-10 13:59:41
Subject: Intel version of ADSM on Dec Alpha NT Server with FX32
From: Don Ludwig <Don.Ludwig AT CCMAIL.FINGERHUT DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 12:59:41 -0600
     I have a user who is having a problem running ADSM for Windows NT on a
     DEC Alpha machine.  I know IBM doesn't support this environment yet
     but has anyone had the problem listed below?  Thanks Don L.

Author:  Bill Hempy at mtkapo2
Date:    12/10/96 12:37 PM

     Don,

        I installed FX!32 4.0 on the Creative Alpha 4100 NT server.
     After, I installed ADSM for Windows NT ( Intel version 2.1.0.5).
     Using the nodename of CREATIVE_MERCH ( the server name ), I found
     the Administrative, and schedule software have no problem accessing
     the mainframe. The ADSM backup command line runs ok, but accessing via
     the Backup client GUI interface does not work. Upon clicking on the
     icon labeled - "ADSM Backup client" - I get an error message saying:

     "The application image "DSM.EXE" is built in a non-standard way.
     This image does not contain relocation information. The default
     address of 0x00400000 is not available. Digital FX!32 is unable to
     relocate this image and therefore cannot proceed. Press OK to
     terminate."

     Any idea what can be done to correct this error or if it is even at
     all possible to run this on the ALPHA? Please submit this to the ADSM
     list server and any other services or people you think can help.

     We are running NT Server 3.51 Service Pak 5 with this software.

     P.S. - If possible, see if you can get any information on when
            an official released ALPHA version ( not beta ) of ADSM
            will be available.

                                                        Bill Hempy