ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:11:36
1. Close Exchange then back it up. Same with SQL Server, or dump the DB's
to disk then backup the dumps.
2. Seagate Software are just about to release (may already have done) a
version of their Backup Exec for NT software that can pipe data into
ADSM. Backup Exec has hooks into SQL and Exchange for direct backup
(without quiescing the s/w) to the relevant device - which in this case
would be an ADSM client session, I guess. Probably quite expensive but
Seagate software is v. good.

Sorry I've no idea what your other problems are caused by.

 ----------
From:  INTERNET:owner-adsm-l AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU/
Sent:  10 December 1996 03:17
To:  INTERNET:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU/
Subject:  NT Backup/Recovery

To all,

We are currently trying to implement ADSM for backing up remote NT
servers
over
a frame-relay network. We have run into a variety of problems including:

1. Long delay querying the ADSM database to find a file to restore.
2. Backup failures due to TCP/IP disconnects (although no other devices
are
affected).
3. Issues with open databases, such as Exchange and SQL-Server.

Are there any other customers out there who have done this or who are
attempting
to do this?  I would like to share experiences if possible.

Thanks,
Paul Schwartz
Alliant Foodservice
602-496-5545