ADSM-L

Re: Listing files backed up by Win32 client

1996-12-09 23:52:14
Subject: Re: Listing files backed up by Win32 client
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 23:52:14 EST
On Tue, 26 Nov 1996 10:30:13 EST Melinda Varian said:
>I have a user who would like to get a list of the files backed up when
>he does an incremental backup using the 32-bit Windows backup/archive
>client, not the Scheduler.  I'm very ignorant of Windows 95.  Is there
>a straightforward way of doing this?
>
>Melinda Varian,
>Princeton University

Melinda,

There is no straightforward way of doing this.  There >may< be a trace option
that you could enable in the user's dsm.opt file that would cause the
filenames to be included in the trace output file, but this is pretty ugly.
I have not tried this myself, but seem to recall an IBMer suggesting this
to me at some point.  Perhaps an IBMer could indicate what the trace option
would be to do this.

..Paul

Paul Zarnowski                     Phone:   607/255-4757
Network & Computing Systems        Fax:     607/255-6523
Cornell University                 US Mail: 315 CCC, Ithaca, NY 14853-2601