ADSM-L

Re: AW: ADSM marketing questions

1996-12-09 01:36:36
Subject: Re: AW: ADSM marketing questions
From: Francisco Reyes <reyes01 AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 02:36:36 -0400
On Mon, 9 Dec 1996 08:09:27 +0100, Sal Salak Juraj wrote:

>I believe it, because ADSM/2 is kept secret. The MVS users usually have
>contacts with
>IBM representatives and they are probaly asked "would you not like to try
>ADSM?",
>But most OS/2 networks grow without IBM s assistency. Adding the (lack of)
>ADSM/2
> advertisment, no wonder that "no many people are using OS/2 to run ADSM
> server".

I don't understand why they have ADSM/2 if they are not going to
advertise. Maybe they did ADSM/2 because of the requirements of a big
client? It is the only explanation I can make sense of.

>Why it concerns me? As ADSM/2 has (virtually) no advertising, only few people
>no
> about it, thus ADSM/2  will probably not become a successfull product in
> terms of
> numbers licences sold, and one day will its further developing be eventually
> stopped.
> And I will have to move to another plattform.

That is my concern too. Specially now that they have an NT version.
What is uncomprehensible is that they can advertise ADSM and simply
mention all the platforms both the clients and the servers run. It
doesn't have to be ads for ADSM/2 only. I have not seen many ads for
ADSM for NT (actually I have only seem one IBM ad which mentioned
ADSM).