ADSM-L

segmentation fault

1996-12-06 10:15:46
Subject: segmentation fault
From: Massimo Orlandi <Massimo.Orlandi AT CHINF.MAIL.ABB DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 15:15:46 +0000
Hi to all

Recently I installed the ADSM Client (Level 2.1.0.3) on a RS/6000 running AIX
3.2.5. Everything works fine, as long as I invoke ADSM functions as root user.
If I login to AIX as "normal" user an try
to start the ADSM graphical user interface with the command dsm, nothing
happens. The only thing I get on the AIX-prompt is the message

Segmentation Fault

Doing the same operation as root user, the GUI starts normally.

Did anybody have this kind of problem ? And how can awoid this ?

Thanks in advance

Massimo