ADSM-L

Scheduled backup ?'s

1996-12-05 18:03:34
Subject: Scheduled backup ?'s
From: Mark Rizzo <RizzoM AT MAIL.DEC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 18:03:34 -0500
I have some questions regarding the backup schedule function
using the dsmadm GUI.

I have a Solaris client scheduled to perform an incremental backup
each night at 2100hrs.  I would like to add another backup schedule
for the SAME Solaris client which would backup a different group
of file systems. Since both backups would use the same include.def
(my include/exclude file),  how do I separate the desired file systems
that the scheduler would use?

I can add entries to the "Objects"  box, but it is very inconvenient
using this method (small window and having to use arrow keys).

Is there a better way to have the same  client running
multiple incremental backups on a different group of
file systems?

Mark J. Rizzo
rizzom AT mail.dec DOT com