ADSM-L

Lost VCR data on Magstar tape

1996-12-05 09:24:08
Subject: Lost VCR data on Magstar tape
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 15:24:08 +0100
Hello,

one of our 3590 tapes has got problems: each mount of this tape is
accompanied by the message:

12/05/96   09:56:33  ANR8776W Media in drive 3590J2 (/dev/rmt2) contains lost
                      VCR data; performance may be degraded.

I am now emptying the volume (MOVE DATA), which is really slow, so
performance IS degraded.

What should I do with this tape, when it is empty? Can I expect the VCR
data to be reconstructed when the volume is newly written?

--
Reinhard Mersch                     Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Reinhard Mersch                     Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet