ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:11:36
~ backup for specific filespaces on our UNIX servers running Oracle.  We have
~ recently discovered that the last backup copy of deleted files is never
getting
~ deleted because it remains in active status.

Unless you use always -INCRBYDATE option when doing incremental backups, the
conclusion "because it remains in active status. " should be wrong.

Once you delete a file and run incremental backup, the file becomes inactive.
It will however not be deleted at once:
the uumber of backup copies kept will be changed so that it fits "Version data
deleted" parameter, and this copy (or copies) will be kept for some time.

Try "query copygroup" command, and you will see what your current parameters
are.

e.g.:
          Versions Data Exists: 1
         Versions Data Deleted: 1
         Retain Extra Versions: 60
           Retain Only Version: 550

In this example only one backup version of non-existing file will be kept for
period of 550 days.

Juraj Salak, Keba Banking, Linz, Austria
sal AT keba.co DOT at