ADSM-L

Re: AIX backup using ADSM

1996-12-03 16:15:08
Subject: Re: AIX backup using ADSM
From: Owen Crow <crow AT SUGAR-LAND.MIS.SLB DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 15:15:08 -0600
At 02:45 PM 12/3/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Provided that ADSM is backing up the system via the network, will I be able
>to fully restore this
>system in the event of a disaster by performing an AIX installation and then
>an ADSM restore?

So far it's been a pain-in-the-butt for me. I had a disaster on an SP node
w/o a mksysb backup and it's been a nightmare to get back on-line.
I've basically started from a fresh OS install and then selectively
restoring the necessary files (passwd, groups, qconfig, etc.). Needless
to say, this is very time consuming.

If I had the mksysb, I could restore from there and then restore the
user data. I think I'll do a mksysb to a file in a PRESchedulecommand
from now on.

This is a modified version of
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/SG244880/i402ma15.htm

Your mileage may vary,