ADSM-L

/tmp filesystem not backing up on AIX

1996-12-02 18:02:56
Subject: /tmp filesystem not backing up on AIX
From: Philip New <Phil.New AT SEAG.FINGERHUT DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 17:02:56 -0600
Greetings,

I've noticed that the /tmp filesystem is not getting backed up on our
AIX clients (3.2.5 and 4.1).  I have a default clause in the incexc.opt
that I would think should grab /tmp:

        INclude * STANDARD

But, when this didn't work a specifically added a Include statement for
/tmp and restarted dsmc:

        INclude /tmp/.../* STANDARD

I'm still not getting /tmp backed up.  Is this a design "feature"
or have I done something wrong in my setup?  This is not a big deal, but
I can envision one of my users deleting a file they had in /tmp and
wanting me to restore it the next day.  It looks like it's not possible.

Regards,
Phil New

Fingerhut Companies                   Phone:   (612) 519-4526
Fingerhut Companies                   Phone:   (612) 519-4526
6150 Trenton Lane North               Fax:     (612) 519-4788
Plymouth, MN 55442                    e-mail:  philip.new AT seag.fingerhut DOT
com