ADSM-L

Re: Collocation by filespace

1996-12-02 15:34:10
Subject: Re: Collocation by filespace
From: Francis Dequenne <syf AT ECMWF DOT INT>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 20:34:10 +0000
We are using this feature on the AIX server (2.1.5.8... I think).

You can activate it by specifying "collocate=filespace" in your stgpool
definition.

It is working well, but be aware that if you specify this parameter, you will
only be able to fill one tape at a time for each of the filespaces that you are
supporting.

Regarding the passage from collocation by node to the collocation by filespace,
it will start to take effect for any new tape that is used in the storage pool,
if I remember well. For old tapes, a move data or a reclaim should separate the
files belonging to different filespaces. However, I am not 100% sure about this
anymore. Can anybody confirm?