ADSM-L

Re: MVS mirrored DB & logs

1996-12-02 14:32:00
Subject: Re: MVS mirrored DB & logs
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT CCLINK.DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 14:32:00 -0500
I dropped the DB mirror when I moved the DB from 3380-k to an Iceberg.  I
am still mirroring the log.  This is what IBM recommends in the the ADSM
Admin guide when using mainframe raid dasd.

I am saving 6 3390-3 images by not having DB mirrors.  There is no doubt a
savings in cpu time and channel busy, but I haven't measured those things.

Bill Colwell
The Charles Stark Draper Laboratory
Cambridge Ma.