ADSM-L

Re: stgpool migration question

1996-12-02 13:25:18
Subject: Re: stgpool migration question
From: "Wayne T. Smith" <wts AT MAIL.CAPS.MAINE DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 13:25:18 -0500
Dirk wrote, in part..
>...                                        This makes no sense
> for me, because we have one server with a 7GB file space that
> is backed up and several small worstation. Now the whole server
> files space has been moved to the tape storage pool and that's
> NOT what I want.

Why not?  To do anything else will increase the number of tapes
mounted and/or the scattering of data among tapes.

> How can I undo the migration process? The cached copies of the
> workstation files are still on the disk.

Why undo the migration?  Since you have enabled caching, many files are
still available for immediate restore from disk.

If you really want to treat your larger server and smaller workstations
differently, then maybe its time to consider separate pools?

regards,

Wayne T. Smith               mailto:wts AT maine.maine DOT edu
Systems Group -- CAPS        University of Maine System