ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:12:14
We are using ADSM 2.1.0.5 to backup a number of Oracle 7.2 / 7.3 databases
running on AIX 3.2.5 systems.

These Oracle databases are mounted onto filesystems (i.e. not raw devices) and
are being backed up by using the ADSM 2.1.0.7 server (running on MVS) to
schedule a script on the clients which:-

* Shuts down the database(s)
* Performs an incremental backup
* Restarts the database(s)

All appears to be well but my question is this:-

Via this method, ADSM backups the entire databases every day which means it is
slow and because we have a requirement to keep all this information for 6 years
also means it will take up huge amounts of storage space.

So, is there a way, perhaps via another tool, where we can use ADSM to perform
incremental backups of the database itself?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Regards

Phil Chissell       phil.chissell AT research.natpower.co DOT uk

This represents the view of the author alone and is not to be
considered as the position of National Power PLC