ADSM-L

stgpool migration question

1996-11-29 04:30:22
Subject: stgpool migration question
From: Dirk Kastens <dkastens AT RZ.UNI-OSNABRUECK DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 1996 10:30:22 +0100
Hi,

I have a question concerning the migration of storage pools.
We have a primary disk storage pool with a capacity of 8GB.
I defined a highmigvalue of 90% and a lowmigvalue of 80%.
This morning I discovered that the migration process was
running and the data was moved from the disk to a tape storage
pool. When I did a "query process" I realized that 6GB of
data have already been moved to the tapes. This made me wonder
because I assumed the migration process would stop after
80% of disk utility was reached (lowmigvalue).
When I read the Administrator's Guide, I found out, that
ADSM begins to migrate ALL data from the node with the largest
file space first, when the highmigvalue is reached. This makes no sense
for me, because we have one server with a 7GB file space that
is backed up and several small worstation. Now the whole server
files space has been moved to the tape storage pool and that's
NOT what I want.
Can someone explain the strange behaviour of the migration
facility?
How can I undo the migration process? The cached copies of the
workstation files are still on the disk.

Regards,

Dirk Kastens _______________Dirk.Kastens AT rz.Uni-Osnabrueck DOT DE
Universitaet Osnabrueck     Phone: +49/541/969-2347 (work)
Rechenzentrum               Fax:   +49/541/969-2470 (work)
Albrechtstr. 28             Phone: +49/541/258182   (private)
49069 Osnabrueck
Germany