ADSM-L

Re: ADSM database handling basics

1996-11-27 14:23:07
Subject: Re: ADSM database handling basics
From: "Pittson, Timothy ,Corp/US" <tpittson AT HIMAIL.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 14:23:07 -0500
Zvika,
        The ADSM backup utilities in Version 2 are far better and easier to
use than the facilities available in ADSM Version 1.   As far as
mirroring goes, the ADSM server supports mirroring - up to 3 mirror
copies - unless you're using some sort of redundancy in the hardware
(RAID 1 / RAID 5), ADSM mirroring is definitely the way to go.   The
rule of thumb for sizing the database is that it should be between 1%
and 5% of the total amount of space required for data storage.  We've
got about 10,000,000 files that ADSM is tracking with about 800 GB in
the storage pools (plus copy storage pools for everything) and our
database is about 8 GB.

Tim Pittson
tpittson AT himail.hcc DOT com