ADSM-L

Re: Too many dsmserv's!

1996-11-22 19:10:05
Subject: Re: Too many dsmserv's!
From: Barry Fruchtman <bf AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 17:10:05 -0700
 These "copies" are separate processes representing units of
work that the server needs to operate.   The 2.1.5.x server
uses lightweight threads instead of processes as units of
work.  It's memory footprint may be smaller although I would
not expect the CPU load to substantially less.  The 2.1.5.x
server requires AIX 4.1.4 or later.

Barry Fruchtman
ADSM Development