ADSM-L

Practical limits (fwd)

1996-11-21 17:51:08
Subject: Practical limits (fwd)
From: Paul Lewis <PDLEWI01 AT ULKYVM.LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 17:51:08 EST
Hello everyone!  My organization (University of Louisville) is preparing
to begin offering ADSM services on the VM platform to a potential
customer base of approximately 3,500 PC endpoints and about 200 unix boxes
and LAN servers (NT and NetWare).

Here's one of the big questions:  Does anyone have any advice or
experience as to what practical limits exist for one ADSM server on VM?
For instance, is there a practical limit to the size of the database
before performance suffers?  How many nodes can practically be
registered to a schedule before the server has problems?  Is there a
maximum for the number of nodes registered to a single server?

Any advice or assistance anyone can offer would be _very_ much
appreciated!  I have contacted IBM support to see if they had such
information as well, and look forward to hearing from them too.

Thanks in advance!

 Paul D. Lewis      502/852-7785 * IT Data Center Services
 Technical Support Team          * Miller IT Center 109, MS #03
 PDLEWI01@ULKYVM                 * University of Louisville
 PDLEWI01 AT ULKYVM.LOUISVILLE DOT EDU  * Louisville, KY  40292