ADSM-L

Tapes "Filling"

1996-11-18 11:30:31
Subject: Tapes "Filling"
From: Katherine Faella <KMF AT URIACC.URI DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 11:30:31 EST
Hello,

I am running ADSM V1R1 level 15 on a VM/ESA system.  I am finding that
many of my tapes (in a vmtape controlled scratch pool) are in FILLING
status.  I do not have collation turned on.  The volumes in question
have Read/Write access, are not in an error state.  Many have been mounted
just one time.

Why are these tapes in this status?  And what can I do to correct this?
Of the 120 in my scratch pool, 20 are in this state, many have been for
at least a couple of months.

Thanks in advance,
Kathy Faella

Katherine Faella                 Bitnet:   KMF@URIACC
Sr. Technical Programmer         Internet: KMF AT URIACC.URI DOT EDU
University of Rhode Island
Academic Computer Center
9 Greenhouse Road, Suite 1
Kingston, RI  02881              Phone:  (401) 874-2501