ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:12:14
For some time, I have been using ADSM scheduler to successfully backup various
UNIX clients to an MVS server.

However, we have a number of RS6000s running AIX 3.2 with Oracle 7.2.  I am
proposing to use ADSM 2.1.05 to backup these systems.

To this effect, I have included the following lines in my dsms.sys file:-

Preschedulecmd  "su - oracle ' "-c dbshut" ' "
Postschedulecmd "su - oracle ' "-c dbstart" ' "

Will this work?  It would be very much appreciated if anybody can give me any
advice on any pitfalls or potential errors I may encounter.

Phil Chissell       Phil.Chissell AT research.natpower.co DOT uk

This represents the view of the author alone and is not to be
considered as the position of National Power PLC