ADSM-L

SGI IRIX locks

1996-11-08 12:23:26
Subject: SGI IRIX locks
From: Matthias Morche <morche AT CSD DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 1996 18:23:26 +0100
We run a CAD system named ICEM, which places locked files at certain
places within the file system. Whenever adsm hits one of these files and
there is an user using icem, the lock is active and adsm stops at the
locked file. Does anybody experience similar problems and - much more
important to me - does anybody know a solution? We already asked the IBM
helpdesk and they told us that there may be a bug within IRIX. They made
us ask SGI, but SGI simply answered, that SGI's backup system works.

Thanks in advance, Matthias
--
                                        Matthias Morche (morche AT csd DOT de)
                                        Matthias Morche (morche AT csd DOT de)