ADSM-L

Re: [3] ADSM install on NT client using 32 bit ADSM at IP208

1996-11-07 11:04:03
Subject: Re: [3] ADSM install on NT client using 32 bit ADSM at IP208
From: Mike Dile <mikedile AT US1.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 11:04:03 -0500
Classification:
ValidationTesting_1: 0Prologue: Mike Dile
IBM SSD
Phone: (408)256-3637
Internal: mikedile@ibmusm50
Internet: mikedile AT us1.ibm DOT com
Epilogue: Regards,
Mike Dile

Don,

>Question:  When installing the software on a client I
>get to disk 4 and  half way through or so. I get a pop up window stating
>"Some files could not be installed because they are currently in use by
>other programs in the system ...etc...."  It asks me if I want to
>reboot my machine now or wait.  After rebooting I tested the new version
>and it looks fine.  What files did I not unload? And what do I have to
>do to get them loaded?  What files were in use?  Has anyone ran into this.

This message is issued when the installation needs to replace/uplevel
some DLLs that are in use by other apps on your system (for example
MFC40.DLL, MSVCRT40.DLL) Since you likely have other MFC based
applications on your system I suspect this is why you receive
this message. InstallShield completes the DLL installation when
the machine is rebooted.

Hope this helps answer your question.

Mike Dile
ADSM Client Development